Sunday, November 06, 2022

It Was Never About A Virus

But it was about control:

A wounded combat veteran who served in Afghanistan told the Public Order Emergency Commission on Friday that he was arrested, beaten, and “dumped” far from downtown Ottawa without charges by police during the clearing operation of the Freedom Convoy protest on Feb. 18.
“It really wasn’t that I wanted to come to Ottawa, it’s that I felt it was my duty and I had no choice [but] to be there,” said veteran Chris Deering while explaining why he had attended the protest.
He said he wanted to protest the mandates which impacted his mental health as a wounded veteran member of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).
“I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t take my family to a restaurant, I couldn’t take my kids to gymnastics, I couldn’t grieve my comrades in Nova Scotia, because I wasn’t allowed to cross the border, in my own vehicle, by myself to a cemetery where no one was living, and lay my flowers.”
Deering, who lives in New Brunswick, first attended the protest on the Feb. 12 weekend and then returned home.
After the Liberal government invoked the Emergencies Act on Feb. 14, Deering said he “rushed back to Ottawa to do what I could to protect the peaceful citizens.”
The trucker-led protest demanding the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions started in Ottawa on Jan. 29.
When the police clearing operation started on Feb. 18, Deering said he linked arms with fellow veterans near the War Memorial.
Police arrested Deering, and a video of the event was entered as evidence at the commission. It shows him being grabbed and hit by police.
Deering, who was the only crew member of his military vehicle to survive a roadside bomb attack in Afghanistan and sustained heavy injuries, was wearing his military medals that day and says he told his story to police officers before the arrest.
He said some moved down the line, not wanting to have anything to do with him. But when enforcement began, he said he was kneed, kicked, and punched in the head while lying down.
After being arrested and while waiting to be processed, Deering asked police if he could kneel or sit as he was in chronic pain, and that he needed to be able to take his medication, but his requests were denied.
“It was obvious my face was flushed and I cried multiple times, and I don’t cry ever. It was the worst pain I had felt since I’ve been blown up,” he said.
After being processed by police, Deering said he was told he was being charged with public obstruction and mischief. He said he and others were then driven in a paddy wagon 10 kilometres from Parliament Hill and released without charges.
“The police officer came out and gave a stern warning, and said don’t come back to Ottawa or you’ll be charged,” Deering said.
He said he and others were left at a public works building and were stranded in freezing weather, their cellphones drained of battery life.
**
A former member of Justin Trudeau's security team may have leaked the prime minister's schedule, according to an intelligence document tabled before the inquiry investigating the federal government's use of the Emergencies Act last winter.
**
The Commons yesterday by a vote of 173 to 149 ordered a detailed audit of the ArriveCan app. The $54 million program intended to check cross-border travelers’ vaccine status was suspiciously expensive, MPs were told: “There is obviously something fishy going on.”
**

She and Cardinal Zen should go bowling:

“I was growing increasingly alarmed with the mandates and the harm that I was seeing the mandates inflict,” said Lich, who got emotional several times during her testimony. “I heard from families that were living in their vehicles because they’d lost their jobs. I heard from people that had lost their jobs and lost everything. I have the tears of thousands of Canadians on my shoulder, who everyday told me that we were bringing them hope.”
Lich said she saw families torn apart due to COVID-19 policies.
“The suicides in my hometown were so numerous that they stopped reporting them,” she said. “Elderly people were dying by themselves in long-term care facilities and saying goodbye over iPads.”
Lich explained how the policies impacted both herself and her family members. She said she and her husband lost their jobs due to COVID-19 policies, and her parents, who run a trucking business, could no longer cross the border.
She added that vaccine passports restricted many Canadians who chose not to get vaccinated for COVID-19 from entering any non-essential business, which meant they “didn’t go out.”

**

You kept children away from fresh air and education and now you wonder why they are stunted and getting colds?:

An unseasonably early crush of respiratory viral infections has once again raised the spectre of an “immunity debt,” a concept described by some as an unintended boomerang effect of distancing, masking and other COVID containment measures used to slow SARS-CoV-2’s spread.

Experts disagree about whether “immunity debt” is a real phenomenon or convenient pseudoscience. But hospitals are reporting never-before-seen surges in children with severe viral infections that are causing historically long wait times and pushing critical care beyond capacity.


It also doesn't help that the powers that be fired a bunch of medical workers.



No comments: