Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is Anyone Fed Up Yet?

Is anyone tired of their kid's toys and candy being laced with lead and/or melamine? Anyone? Is anyone completely frustrated with the lack of locally-made products? Has anyone figured out that we've never gotten rid of slavery, just moved it to another continent?

I just recently had an interesting conversation with a store-owner. Her freight charges are 30% more than what she would pay if she didn't have Chinese garbage flooding her store. Believe me, the way the gas prices are going, expect prices to climb. Products will be more expensive and businesses will go under. It's economic suicide. Why we would commit it is beyond me.

The Chinese hate their own people.

They hate the Koreans.

The Chinese will not buy their own toys.

Melamine is not meant for human consumption.

Neither is lead, nor uranium.

Here is a list (one of many) of things that will eventually kill your kids- thanks to China.

If anyone can tell me why corporations and governments continue to kow-tow to materialistic warlords, I would be grateful.

Here is someone else who is tired of melamine in her food.

These people are also tired of "Made in China".

Places like De la Terre , Pan Cafe and Ten Thousand Villages are among the very few businesses with consciences and great stuff to buy and eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic post! Very informative...thank you.

These situations regarding China are completely out of control and still growing...scary, so scary.

It's getting to the point that I read EVERY food label at the grocery store...and sometimes it still doesn't state exactly WHERE it is from. Just because a product says "packed in Canada", etc. it could still very well be produced in China, right?

Scary and disgusting. I can't believe the absolute disregard for the health of children and even babies now.

My 12 year old daughter loves the dollar stores, and frankly, yes, we can buy many necessary items there for a buck.
Well...NO MORE!! I don't care if it's a notebook, or a pack of hair elastics, I've made my last trip to any dollar store. I need to become proactive here!

Again, thanks for this post. I truly think people need to be more informed.