Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hhmmm...

A study determined that Australians are lacking in what is deemed proper workplace manners. According to the study, Australians talk too much, ask too many personal questions, refer to their bosses by their first names and cuss. Britons, Americans and Japanese were far more "sensitive". I have no idea where someone gets off being so forward but whatever. Rudeness is a stench and I guess some people like the smell.

In my experience, Koreans proved to be loyal and friendly co-workers. The biggest beef was the lack of communication, which improved after foreign (anyone not from Korea) teachers complained. Korean co-workers were also the most helpful, even in non-work related matters. I rate that as awesome.

In the service department, the Koreans and Japanese are the best. They actually had people in department stores present just to bow to you. I've never found Americans or Quebecois in the service department rude. I have friends who declare that the British and Russian service departments are lacking in both manners and human warmth.

Hhmmm....

No comments: