Friday, July 06, 2018

#Negative Interactions

The woman who said that Justin Trudeau groped her stands by her story:

A former newspaper reporter confirms Prime Minister Justin Trudeau apologized to her the day after what she says was an inappropriate encounter at a B.C. music festival almost two decades ago.

Rose Knight also confirms she is the reporter that was referred to in an editorial 18 years ago in the Creston Valley Advance that said she was groped by Trudeau while covering the event.

She says in a statement that appears to come from her email account that she did not take the matter any further at the time and doesn't plan to do so now.

"I enjoyed my career as a reporter, but it ended a long time ago. I avoided issuing a statement earlier out of concern for my and my family's privacy," she wrote Friday. "The incident referred to in the editorial did occur as reported. Mr. Trudeau did apologize the next day.

"Beyond this statement, I will not be providing any further details or information. The debate, if it continues, will continue without my involvement."

Knight said she has never had contact with Trudeau again.

(Sidebar: I don't blame her.)
 
Trudeau said Friday that he respects Knight's decision but remembers the encounter with her differently.

"I'm confident that I did not act inappropriately but I think the essence of this is that people can experience interactions differently," he said after an announcement in Calgary.

(Sidebar: as in she was offended and violated but he wasn't and will never apologise for that would be beneath him.)


I am sure Justin, the third-rate drama queen, will make this about himself. Narcissists do that.



No comments: