Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We Shall Remember Them























I took these photos when in Ottawa this past summer. I apologise if they seem skewed somehow but given that may have been taken in dimly-lit areas, from moving vehicles or in the crooks of tourists' elbows, I tried my best.
The first photo is of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

The remaining photos were taken at the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa which I strongly recommend you visit if are ever in Ottawa.
From the top:
-a photo of a photo of nurses serving in Korea
-a plaque dedicated to James Doohan (God rest his Enterprise-fixing soul)
-ration cards in an era of "waste not, want not", symbols of a culture geared towards national service
- a war poster
-black servicemen in a foxhole during the First World War
- to Lt. N.H. Pawley
-a memorial stone
-a propaganda poster for the Boer War
-a depiction of a gas attack during the First World War
-marching to war






No comments: