Corporal Nathan Cirillo, murdered last week by Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, was laid to rest.
In the shakiness of his voice, one can see the difference between Stephen Harper and Obama who did nothing while Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens was being killed in Libya and went back to golfing after announcing the brutal death of James Foley by ISIS:
Kurdish fighters are about to enter Kobani:
Dozens of Iraq's Kurdish peshmerga fighters are flying to Turkey on Tuesday and will head across the border to fight the Islamic State for control of Kobani, in a battle in which a British hostage purportedly says “is nearly over.”
A man who identifies himself as John Cantlie, who was captured by ISIS in 2012, says in a new video -- purportedly shot in Kobani -- that militants in the contested Syrian border city are “mopping up now,” according to the BBC.
"Now the battle for Kobani is coming to an end,” the man in the video says, shown walking outside as if he was a war reporter. “The mujahideen are just mopping up now, street to street, and building to building.”
The video lasts nearly six minutes and contains footage claimed to be shot by an Islamic State drone.
Sources in the Kurdish People's Protection Unit confirmed to the BBC that ISIS has drones and said the video appeared to be shot inside Kobani.
"Contrary to what the Western media would have you believe, it is not an all-out battle here now,” the man says. “It is nearly over. As you can hear, it is very quiet, just the occasional gunfire."
A British Foreign Office spokesman on Monday said the government is “aware of a further video and we are analyzing its contents.”
The Islamic State launched its offensive on Kobani and nearby villages in mid-September in battles that have killed more than 800 people, according to activists who spoke to The Associated Press.
The extremists captured dozens of Kurdish villages around Kobani and now also control parts of the town. The battles also made more than 200,000 people flee for safety across the border into Turkey.
Obama does not want ISIS defeated.
There are seventy-five reasons why he might apologise:
Justin Bourque apologized Tuesday to the families of the Mounties he shot in the north end of Moncton on June 4, saying in a quavering voice that the reasons he gave to police for killing three officers and wounding two others were the words of an "arrogant pissant." ...
At the very least, Bourque faces a mandatory life sentence with no parole eligibility for 25 years for the first-degree murder charges.However, Gunn said the judge should use a 2011 amendment to the Criminal Code that allows judges to extend parole ineligibility in cases of multiple murders. In Bourque's case, Smith could decide that the 25-year ineligibility period for each of the three murder convictions should be imposed consecutively, which means Bourque wouldn't be allowed to apply for parole until he was 99 years old.
A 19-year-old woman who has a mental disability was sexually assaulted on a Winnipeg Transit bus as her support worker who sat two rows in front didn't notice her client had been approached by a strange man until after the assault was over ...
NHL hockey legend Gordie Howe suffered a serious stroke on Sunday, according to The Detroit News.The 86-year-old Howe, known as "Mr. Hockey" to many, is resting at his daughter's home in Lubbock, Tex., according to the report.The Detroit News quoted Howe's son, Dr. Murray Howe, as saying Howe is having trouble speaking and has lost some function on one side of his body."The right side of his body is very, very weak," said Dr. Howe. "He's unable to stand without help. He's able to speak, but very, very difficult to speak."He knows who he is. He knows the people around him. But it is very difficult for him to get up and walk around. So he is pretty much confined to his bed right now. So we're just trying to keep him comfortable, and that's our goal."
Does gout cause ankle injuries?
South Korea's spy agency believes it has solved the mystery of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's 6-week public absence that set off a frenzy of global speculation, a lawmaker who attended the agency's closed-door briefing said Wednesday.
The National Intelligence Service told legislators Tuesday that a foreign doctor operated on Kim in September or October to remove a cyst from his left ankle, lawmaker Shin Kyung-min said. He said the spy agency also told lawmakers that the cyst could recur because of Kim's obesity, smoking and heavy public schedule.
Fattest man in a starving nation has lifestyle-related surgery.
Ladies and gentlemen, Johnny Cash.