Monday, July 31, 2023

Presented Without Comment

 A woman who said this about the economy she helped tank ... :

Once upon a time, Chrystia Freeland attempted to relate to Canadians' cost-of-living concerns with a personal anecdote -- and it didn't produce a fairy-tale ending.

"I personally, as a mother and wife, look carefully at my credit card bill once a month, and last Sunday I said to the kids, 'You're older now. You don't watch Disney anymore. Let's cut that Disney Plus subscription,"' Freeland told Global News in an interview that aired on Nov. 6.

 

... is reduced to this:

Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland makes frequent use of a government-issue car and chauffeur in Toronto, according to expense accounts. Records contradicted Freeland’s claim Friday that she avoided car travel and attended meetings on foot or by public transit: “I walk, I take the subway.”

 

 

No comments: