Monday, August 01, 2022

Now, About That ...

Consider that only a few months ago that fifty-three percent of Canadians were only $200 away from insolvency and that Canadians are dipping into whatever savings they have, why didn't they make economies before?

Just like with MAID (boy, was Aldous Huxley right!), the government wants idiot sheep to believe that they are ones who came up with these not-at-all original ideas to live frugally in times of uncertainty and deprivation that the government inflicted on them.

It is said that one cannot fix stupid.

How true:

Birgit Arnstein is a 75-year-old grandmother and retired nurse from Osoyoos, B.C., who recently purchased a tricycle and converted it to run on an electric motor. She said she did it to cut down on the gas she was buying to drive her car around town.

"I go to meetings, I pick up groceries, I go across town to meet up with friends for walks — normally I would have driven my car for all of these things," Arnstein said.

"It didn't make sense with the price of gas [to drive my car]. It ended up costing about $100 every two weeks. Admittedly, it's an investment getting this trike, but I'm paying it off quickly without driving my car nearly as much."

Recently, Arnstein also started working two days a week as a dishwasher at a bakery to earn some extra income, she said.

"It's heavy work, but I have some major dental bills coming up, and so it'll help me with that."  

 

What happens when your second job doesn't pay for food, Birgit?

 

No comments: