Saturday, June 02, 2007

A New Month, A New Post

A new post for the month of Juuuuuuuuuuunnnnne.......

So many things happen in June.

Did you know that June 2nd is Festa della Repubblica in Italy. Remember- no one ever says Italy.

June 17th is Father's Day. I realise in this day and age when we should fight male oppression...or something....we should not celebrate UnWomyn's Day (or is is Dae...Dai...damn you, teachers, for teaching me how to spell!) but really, who is the man who opens jars for you, drives you to your friend's house (the one with the swimming pool) and teaches you how to make scrambled eggs? Are you trying to say that scrambled eggs are wrong? I don't want to live in a world without scrambled eggs and toast!

Here is a recipe for scrambled eggs and sausage.

June 19th is the Chinese Dragon Boat Festival. The excitement, the danger, the paddling! I don't know about you, but my money's on the green boat!

June 21st is the summer solstice, the start of barbecue season for people who don't like meat.

There are some birthdays and other things tucked in there but I think this wraps up the bulk of things going on in June.

Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know who'd appreciate this recipe....