Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Stuff

The White House has cornered the market on snubbing? I'm surprised! Shocked even!

Michael Ignatieff takes a cheap shot at his compatriot, Sarah Palin, and only engenders two things: more support for Stephen Harper and Mrs. Palin, and how completely clueless he is. Canada is caught in the ebbs of a global recession yet has escaped the worst of it. We're not America and Mr. Ignatieff better not forget it. Perhaps Mr. Ignatieff has forgotten the scandal-ridden and gaffe-tastic years of Chretien. And if Mr. Harper doesn't want to increase trade with China, I would be thrilled. Some people have little problem with Sarah Palin's energy plans. Why not use domestic oil reserves in a country where workers would be well-compensated and where environmental laws would be upheld? I don't see Nigeria or China fitting those bills.

The parents of Randal Dooley are asking for a new trial claiming that they had been treated unfairly. The parents claimed the child was accident-prone, suffocated himself, developed welts during a game of "licks" (where another child would hit him with a belt or branch) and other preposterous claims. I'm not seeing how they can weasel themselves out of this, despite the best efforts of weasel lawyers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just start a Sarah Palin blog?? Every post you write nowadays mentions her. Since you're clearly fixated, just start a new blog.

I don't get it---you're not even American.

Osumashi Kinyobe said...

You're right, anonymous- I am Canadian. It feels pretty good, too.
Moving on- I don't want to start a Sarah Palin blog. There are plenty of blogs out there which are quite favourable to her and some which aren't. What I would like to do is put a positive spin on someone who is much maligned, I feel, for no reason. The popular press feels reluctant to be critical about certain people and things but will always find time to cast aspersions on her. It's one thing to find a flaw in her policies; it's quite another to call her names.
Furthermore, I want my blog to be about anything, hence it's name. If you look, you'll see I talk about North Korea, Canada, and sometimes food.
Thanks for visiting.