Tuesday, December 16, 2014

For A Tuesday

Quickly now...


Katrina Dawson died shielding her pregnant friend (thus saving two lives) and Tori Johnson tried wresting the gun from Man Haron Monis.

In gratitude and remembrance for their noble and ultimate sacrifices, a race-monger has started a social media campaign that depends heavily on fawning over a paranoid mass and ultimately doesn't do any good at all:

My privilege is being born in and living in a western country with a decent income. My privilege is being ambiguous in my physicality; as it’s not easy to identify which ‘other’ I am, most people are hesitant to voice what they know to be racist-ass opinions around me. The discrimination and bigotry I experience is largely unconscious and insidious, and in fact not grounded in hate at all. I’m fortunate. Very fortunate. ...

I’m learning about hate because I am coming to hate you, white person. You have all the control, all the power, all the privilege...

(Sidebar: says the broad who is spewing this with impunity. Some powerlessness there.)

Another sad after-effect of terrorist attacks is that useless people like Tessa Kum with enormous and undeserved chips on their shoulders get platforms on which to coast while Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson go largely ignored.

Screw you, Tessa Kum. Go back to your "privileged" existence.


The Pakistani Taliban have murdered one hundred and forty-one people, most of whom were students:

In the deadliest slaughter of innocents in Pakistan in years, Taliban gunmen attacked a military-run school Tuesday and killed 141 people — almost all of them students — before government troops ended the siege. ...

A 14-year-old, Mehran Khan, said about 400 students were in the hall when the gunmen broke through the doors and started shooting. They shot one of the teachers in the head and then set her on fire and shouted "God is great!" as she screamed, added Khan, who survived by playing dead. 

I'm sure it has nothing to do with Islam.


Well, this must be really embarrassing:

Guests at call-in shows have generally come to expect dealing with the occasional angry caller, but things went to another level when the mother of two political pundits called in and asked them to clear the air before Christmas.

Brad and Dallas Woodhouse, brothers on opposing ends of the political spectrum, were put to task on a recent episode of 'Washington Journal' on C-SPAN.

"Oh God, it's Mom," groaned Dallas Woodhouse, upon recognizing the voice of the first caller on the line. Dallas quickly put his face in his hands as his brother came to grips with the reality of the situation.

"I'm you're mother," the woman, identified as Joy from North Carolina, said. "And I disagree that all families are like ours. I don't know many families that are fighting at Thanksgiving. I was very glad that this Thanksgiving was a year that you two were supposed to go to your in-laws. And I'm hoping you'll have some of this out of your system when you come here for Christmas. I would really like a peaceful Christmas."


And a merry Hanukkah to all y'all.



No comments: