Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Shouldn't the Ghost of Charles Dickens Be Doing Something About This?

 

 

“I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach.”
          (A Christmas Carol)


Bridgend Council in Wales UK announced that, for a second year running, there will be no festive Christmas events in the schools under its purview due to staff shortages and COVID fears.

"Unfortunately, due to limited staffing available to the local authority to support the likely increased take-up of the offer of a Christmas lunch, there will be no dedicated Christmas lunches provided in schools. However, some food will have a 'festive theme,'", said a spokesperson for the council. 

 

Why bother with the "festive theme"?

Isn't that work you "can't" put into the Christmas festivities?


No comments: