Friday, November 07, 2008

Even More Mail

Brave anonymous people keep sending me messages, even ones with things that can't be printed for community standard reasons.

Anonymous #1: writes:

No one cares what you think, look at the feedback you get. Give up, go
get ***** or something.



On the contrary, Anonymous #1. People do care what I think or they wouldn't send me some rather peculiar messages. I don't know what you think about the possible re-negotiating of trade agreements between the US and Canada but when you do have an opinion, let me know. So far, all I can see is that you took the time to expose your misogyny. You actually took the time to send this message to me. Think about it.

Anonymous #2:

RACIST!


Are you referring to the poster who said 'yay for abortions'? I think it's just a matter of semantics. It could have been written better, for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo Anonymous #2. You know, calling someone a racist, simply because they disagree with the stand point and actions of someone else, who may or may not be a different race (you can't really know over the internet, can you?) doesn't actually make them a racist. It makes you a racist.

It leaves behind the implication that said person can't disagree with another person. If you can't see them as two people as disagreeing, it makes you a racist. Particularly since the matter of race was brought up by yourself, not before.

TomVM said...

I care what you think. Obviously the commenters are concerned about race themselves or they would've have brought it up. You only critical of Obama's policies.

Osumashi Kinyobe said...

Why, thank you.
Yes, TomVM, self-consciousness is everywhere (RE: race). I've listed several reasons why I wouldn't consider Obama a decent leader but for some reason that is racist. Is that a clever way to avoid criticism or what?!