Saturday, November 29, 2008

I've Got Mail (sigh)

I hate doing this and I apologise if I upset or annoy anyone with this but someone else has dragged their dirty laundry into my arena and now I have to clean it up.



The story so far: an individual with whom we've (there is more than one) had associations has been less than generous in person and in spirit. Quite frankly, she has been talking behind our backs and lying. Really. She did so on her blog. When approached, she denied it and then ultimately white-washed it (even a personal e-mail was made an object of public scrutiny). I realise it's kind of childish to carry on with this but what choice do I have? If you act out in public (or the fairly public sphere of the web log), then you'd better pony up in public, too.



Here is a sanitised version:




Osumashi Kinyobe - Now, that's not very nice, (or mature), using your
mother's blog to insult me.And if you read my post, it is most polite and
personable.What "sobs" are you speaking of?What an odd thing to say.






Here is a more "detailed" version, if you'll indulge me:




Osumashi Kinyobe - Now, that's not very nice, (or mature), using your
mother's blog to insult me.If you read my post, it is most polite and
personable.What "sobs" are you speaking of?What an odd thing to say...but then
again, although it's a cliche, I always "consider the source".Now go ahead and
delete this, as is your odd blogging agenda.You are truly as unbelievable as
your sister!




There are quite few differences.



Somewhere there is a pot remarking what an interesting shade of black the kettle is wearing. This was after she slandered someone on her blog and added a rather ingratiating note on someone else's chiefly because she was afraid of derailing a gravy train. That's right. She was more than happy (this "independent" person) to accept the kindness of others. "Delete this comment"? I screen my comments, yes. I have ever since her friend- a misogynist and a pervert- left a rather unwholesome comment. How do you promote a discussion about this:




None of the Bush administration is sexy. Not even Laura Bush. Like, shes
pretty, but you know her p---y tastes like Lysol. Now, I really don't know what
p---y tastes like. Ummmm yuck. Im allergic. If I even have a little itty bitty
taste of p---y, my throat swells up and I die. It says so on my Medical Alert
bracelet. I don't want to give the impression tho that P---y has a pine
aftertaste... But its better than Barbara Bush, that's just straight up
mothballs. That's a mouth full of Bengay, that's what that is.... I'm probably
going to get shot, enjoy it while you can....




Does this sound like an "enlightened" person? Is this how women should be talked about, or treated? Is this any way to discuss any important issue, or even just have a run-of-the-mill conversation? No. This is how someone who is afraid of or hates women speaks about them behind their backs. He sent those very words to me (valiantly hiding behind the moniker "anonymous"). He could claim ignorance or that he truly loves all of "nature's" creatures until he is blue in the face but in the end he was caught. The endless stream of nonsense and filth is too much. What a gentleman. What a human being. Even the friend in question thinks so in an e-mail sent to me (the names are blotted out but could be revealed upon private request):




They're are similarities here that make me believe this "-----" friend of
----'s is your troll. Although he denies it, check out his post
today. I dunno...he usually seems like a nice guy, with just a bit of
a chip on his shoulder, being gay and all.later,----




Gay people have chips on their shoulders? Okay. If someone insists. I won't, however.



Not being a five-year-old, I know that the existence of my blog was made aware of to that guy by the erstwhile acquaintance. I imagine the purpose of that was to bog me down with tedious or alarming comments. Instead of saying she disagreed with me, she sent her friends after me. And all this time I thought it was my charming personality. Whatever. I'm an adult. While I'm sure to expect some sort of cyber-lashing for all this, one should keep in mind: I never got the ball rolling, I never blabbed about it in public and I can account for the lot.



"Unbelievable as your sister"? Which one? They're all pretty unbelievable if you ask me. They are all good at what they do and work pretty darn hard at it. They also don't slander people, let others insult them behind their backs, nor do they publicize every waking moment of their lives. I suppose that is how they can live with themselves.



Anyway, I hope to move on after this. This blog is for discussing a wide variety of things, things that I want to talk about. As the late great William F. Buckley Jr. said: "cancel your own g-d- subscription." Indeed, if my mere presence offends, there are other places to go and spread your fertiliser.



(now onward, hopefully, with more pleasant entries)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that scene in the Wile E Coyote cartoon? The scene where he falls of a cliff, looks up and sees an enormous boulder coming and then he opens a miniscule umbrella? That's what I'm seeing now. Or this:
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ssig/Images/Wile_E_Coyote.jpg

Peg said...

I too find them unbelievably hard-working, brave, enlightened and talented. Very good quote by Buckley.