Monday, November 10, 2008

I've Got Mail

Anonymous has challenged me to post his/her entire letter. Here it is, uncensored and unabridged:

Your entire blog is a complete joke. Why do you even bother?

When people comment on your blog, you post only those comments that either suit your agenda or that you feel you can easily discredit.

You never post any of the comments of substance that show rational points of view which disagree with your extreme left-wing rants.

You're constantly telling commentors to "do their research" and "check the facts", and yet when they do and post a rational argument, you choose not to post these comments.

It's ridiculous that only people who agree with you can comment on your blog.
I wonder what your agreeeable readers would think of your blog if they knew the truth...that you censor rational comments that contain no profanity, only facts.

Like I said, your blog is a joke.
Be honest, be real, stop censoring comments that should be posted.

Why don't you shock me and post this comment in its entirety?


If Anonymous would care to read this over to see if I have left anything out, then one can be satisfied in knowing that nothing has been left out for any reason.

Now if I may retort:

I assume the "joke" remark was meant to hurt my feelings. It has not. While I don't consider myself the cornerstone of civilisation, I do like blogging on various topics. I have something to say and I would like to say it. That is why I bother. If my blog bores or offends, one is welcome to ignore it.

As for the comments I post, I want to promote discussion. I am sure you would not speak with someone who shouts profanity at you or fails to give a reasonable reply. Such is the case with me. The people who type rather vile messages aren't interested in discussion. Rather, all they have is a mixture of anger and stupidity (an opinion I will not retract). If I ask a question about North Korea or trade agreements, the last thing I want to hear is "go f--- yourself". That kind of rudeness doesn't belong on my blog. Sure, I may re-print such comments with the cuss words blanked out but it is only to show how some people are incapable of being civil. If someone agrees with me, so be it. If you look around, there are people who've disagreed with me. As long as they were polite, I was glad to reply.

No one has given me an airtight counter-argument to any of my posts. When they do (and are civil about it), it will be here for everyone to see. This isn't the Daily Kos or the New York Times.

Left-wing? Where did that come from?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to be pedantic, but I feel I must point out that you misspelled civilization as "civilisation". Being that correcting spelling and grammar is your only recourse to comments that make sense, I thought you would like to know.
There are many online dictionaries for all of your spelling needs.

Osumashi Kinyobe said...

That's the British spelling, accepted in Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Canada.
Refer to a dictionary and see for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...do you speak AMERICAN???

Osumashi Kinyobe said...

You see, this is what I was talking about earlier.
If you are going to be a troll, I'd rather not talk to you.

TravisB said...

What does this even mean? Do you speak American? American is not a language but English is and it is used in many countries.
This blog is not a joke but some of these comments are, completely laughable.
Questions for anonymous:
1)Do you have a blog? Or do you leave comments anonymously because you are too cowardly to own up to your childish comments?
2)If you have a blog, do you allow all comments?