Tuesday, October 25, 2016

What Would Jesus Do?

Vote for Jesus: a man you can totally trust
If Jesus were running for political office today, would the popular press give the Savior of mankind a break?

These satirical tweets say not:




But Jesus had them pegged ages ago:

Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican.
I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner.
I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.

It's like JC could smell the stench of leftist virtue-signalling from the first century.



(Merci)


No comments: